Suns Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suns Love

Phoenix Suns LOVE Community

首页首页  欢迎页欢迎页  相册相册  搜索搜索  Latest imagesLatest images  注册注册  登录  

除非你知道所有的事情

向下 
3 posters
作者留言
破小孩

破小孩

帖子数 : 35
注册日期 : 08-02-19

除非你知道所有的事情 Empty
帖子主题: 除非你知道所有的事情   除非你知道所有的事情 Empty周三 二月 20, 2008 10:01 am

If only you knew everything.
By Stephen Rodrick

除非你知道所有的事情

Tamia had heard it before. "You are the perfect couple with the perfect child and the perfect life," a friend said. But this time the words stung, a well-meaning compliment that sounded cruel. On the su***ce, the friend was right. Tamia was a beautiful R & B singer married to a basketball hero and Renaissance man. They had a gorgeous baby and millions of dollars. But there were other parts of their life that were secret. So Tamia bit her lip and thought, if only you knew everything.

Tamia总是听到这样的话。“你们是最完美的夫妇,拥有最完美的孩子和最完美的生活。”一位朋友说。但是这些话却有些让人痛苦,好意的称赞却听起来那么残酷。从表面上来说,那位朋友是对的。Tamia是个漂亮的R & B 歌手,嫁给了一位已经获得新生的篮球明星。他们有一个非常美丽可爱的宝宝还有千万美元的家产。但是他们生活的另一面却是不为人知的,Tamia只能咬咬嘴唇,默默的想,“你当然会这么想,除非你知道所有的事情。”

Grant Hill

It took awhile, but Grant Hill is on the move again.
过了很长一段时间,Grant Hill终于又开始动了。

THE NIGHT he almost died, Grant Hill couldn't get warm, which was strange considering sweat was pouring off his face. It was a few days after the fourth surgery on his left ankle in the spring of 2003. He knew the pain of recovery; this wasn't it. The first three operations merely reset the bone – "changed the flat," as Hill liked to say. The fourth operation had finally got it right, a full realignment that involved breaking and restructuring his ankle and heel. But now Hill's body was rebelling.

那天晚上,他几乎死掉,Grant Hill身体一直没有变暖,不寻常的汗水不停的从他的脸上流下来。这是在2003年的春天,他刚刚对他的左脚踝进行第4次手术的几天之后。他知道恢复的时候会是怎样疼痛,但是这一次的感觉却不一样。前面三次手术调整了骨头的位置,Hill通常喜欢说,“就像改变了公寓的布局”。第四次手术是要把骨头放回原位,重组他的整个脚踝和脚后跟。但是现在Hill的身体发生了强烈的排异反应。

"I don't feel right," he told Tamia. His wife just rolled her eyes and said, "Don't be so dramatic." Through all of his surgeries, humor was their saving grace. They laughed when Myla, the couple's only child, uttered "ankle" as one of her first words. Tamia knew Hill could be a drama queen. Still, she went rummaging through their Orlando home in search of a thermometer. When she found one she popped it into her husband's mouth and waited. It read 103 degrees. "Wha-a-a-t does it s-s-sa-y-y," Hill stuttered through chattering teeth. Tamia didn't answer. It couldn't be right, she thought. God knows they'd been through a lot, but 103 degrees wasn't possible. She called the hospital, and the doctor told her to bring him in and not to wait for an ambulance.

“我感觉非常不好”他告诉Tamia,他的妻子转了转眼珠,说,“可别说的像演戏一样”。在他的手术生涯里面,他们就是靠着幽默感坚持下来的。他们的大女儿Myla,会说话时,学会的第一个单词是“ankle”,惹得他们哈哈大笑。Tamia知道Grant很有演戏的天分,不过她知道,这次可不是演戏,她开始在奥兰多的家里面翻箱倒柜地找体温计。她找到了体温计,放进了丈夫的嘴里,等了一会儿,温度升到了39.5℃。Hill含着温度计,含含糊糊地说,“多……少……度?”Tamia没有回答,事情不对劲了,她想,他们曾经承受了多少痛苦,39.5度,上帝呀!她赶紧给医院打电话,医生说立即把他带到医院来,不要在家里等救护车。

As she negotiated the streets of Orlando, Hill sat in the back seat, alternately giving directions and mumbling gibberish. When they arrived at Winter Park Memorial Hospital, Tamia saw shock in the eyes of the staff. Now she was scared.

Tamia开车飞快地穿过奥兰多的街道时,Hill就坐在后座上面,一会儿含含糊糊的给她指方向,一会儿说着一些模糊不清的话。当他们终于到达了Winter Park纪念医院的时候,Tamia看到了医院工作人员的震惊的眼神,她感到非常害怕。

"Could he be overdosing?" a doctor asked.
“他是不是服药过多了?”一个医生问道。

"My husband doesn't even like aspirin," Tamia answered.
“我的丈夫甚至不喜欢用阿司匹林的”Tamia说。

Just then the body that threw The Pass in '92, won Olympic gold in '96 and cut effortlessly through NBA defenses for six seasons went into spasm, flopping uncontrollably as the fever spiked to 104.5 degrees. Tamia's last sight before the ER doors closed on her was that of five men struggling to hold down her husband.

这时,这个92年的NCAA冠军,96年的奥运冠军,在NBA最开始的6个赛季所向披靡的男人,身体因为超过40度的高烧,开始痉挛,无法控制的抽搐。Tamia在急症室的门关上前,最后看到的景象是,5个人一起把他的丈夫按在病床上。

Hill's body was being ravaged by a staph infection that had secured entry through an unhealed incision. "It was like an earthquake had occurred in his ankle," says Grant's father, Calvin. "It was absolutely gruesome."

Hill是因为脚踝手术造成的没有愈合的伤口,引起了葡萄球菌感染。“就好像是他的脚踝那里发生了地震,”他的父亲Calvin说,“这真是太可怕了。”

The doctors put Hill, 32, on vancomycin, one of the strongest antibiotics available, and the fever subsided. But Hill needed a skin graft from his left arm to help the wound heal properly. Even after the procedure, Hill still saw fear on his wife's face. "I need a husband and Myla needs a father," she told him. "You're a good man with basketball and a good man if you never play again."

医生们用对32岁的Hill使用了最强烈的抗生素,vancomycin,高烧终于降下来了。但是要从Hill的左边手臂上面,移植一块皮肤来帮助伤口愈合。在这一切都过去之后,Hill仍然可以看出他妻子脸上的恐惧。“我需要丈夫,Myla需要父亲,”Tamia对他说,“你是个非常好的人,即使你再也不打篮球,你也是个非常好的人。”

This was it, Hill thought. No more surgeries. This time he'd come back on his schedule. If that meant taking a year off, so be it. And if it didn't work out, he had a whole life to live. Screw it if people forgot who he was, forgot what he'd been. There were things more important than basketball.

确实是这样,Hill想,再也不能做手术了。这次他要等完全康复再回来比赛,如果需要一年的时间来恢复脚踝,那就让它去吧,如果一直都恢复不了,他还是拥有整个人生。人们也许会忘了他是谁,忘了他曾经多么厉害,去他的吧,有很多事情比篮球重要多了。

The game was about to become even less important. As his wife rested with him in his bed at Duke Medical Center she made an idle observation. "My legs are numb," she said. "Probably from lying around with you too much." But the numbness didn't go away. Soon simple tasks like writing with a pen became difficult. Tamia saw a doctor but the first tests were inconclusive, and the couple headed to Turks and Caicos for a wedding anniversary, their fourth. But by they time they landed back in Florida, Grant had to fill out his wife's immigration forms for her. Her hands wouldn't listen to her brain. She couldn't hold Myla.

接下来发生的事情,让比赛变得更加不重要了。当Tamia在Duke医疗中心,他的病床旁边休息的时候,她忽然有种不一般的感觉。“我的腿麻木了”她说,“是不是因为我陪你坐着的时间太长了?”但是那种麻木的感觉始终没有消失,不久之后,一些简单的,比如握钢笔之类的动作,变得困难了。Tamia去看了医生,一开始的检查没有确诊。然后在这对夫妻一起去Turks and Caicos群岛庆祝他们的结婚4周年纪念之后,当他们回到佛罗里达的时候,Tamia已经需要Grant来帮她填写入境表格了。她的手根本不听大脑的使唤,这些她并没有告诉Myla。

Back at Duke Medical Center they got confirmation of their fears: multiple sclerosis. As the news settled, it only made the words of Tamia's friend seem hollow: "You are the perfect couple with the perfect child and the perfect life."

当他们再次来到Duke医疗中心的时候,他们得到了令人害怕的结果:多发性硬化症。这些不幸的消息,让Tamia的朋友的话变得空洞。“你们是最完美的夫妻,有着最完美的孩子和最完美的生活。”

If only you knew everything.
是的,除非你知道所有的事情。

THERE ARE big moments in Grant Hill's comeback. The Player of the Week honor three weeks into the season that had teammates beaming from ear to ear. The 32 points against Utah that basically sealed the honor. The 15-footer officially becoming automatic again. The startling fact, four surgeries later, that he is already Orlando's best perimeter defender. This isn't a diminished Chris Webber coming back to score 25 while giving up 24. This is Hill more than holding his own against Kobe.

Hill复出之后有许多重大的时刻。这个赛季第三周的周最佳的称号让大家兴高采烈,争相传颂。对犹他爵士时的32分更加锁定了这份荣誉。15英尺的中投之王又回来了。而且令人吃惊的是,这个做过4次手术的Grant Hill,已经是魔术队最好的防守球员。就算让韦伯拿到了25分,也没有什么,因为Hill也回敬了24分。Hill对位Kobe的时候,甚至比Kobe得更多的分。

But if only you knew everything.
但这不是全部,除非你知道所有的事情。

Then you'd know it's the small moments that tell the story. Like Hill's smile, arched eyebrows and polite "nice move" offered to Paul Pierce after the Celtic faked him and hit a step-back jumper. Or teammate Steve Francis holding his breath when Hill tumbled after a loose ball into photographer's row. "I'm fine, get back," Hill shouted. Or the grin on Jalen Rose's face after Hill soared – okay, he's not quite soaring yet – to dunk with one hand behind his head. "I never thought I'd see you doing a Karl Malone," said the Raptors guard with a laugh. "I'm old school now," Hill shot back. And a moment in the locker room, when Hill put his hand on Dwight Howard's shoulder after the rookie snagged 20 rebounds and told him he was going to be a special player in the league. Yes, the angels are in the details.

你还应该知道一些微小的瞬间。比如Hill的笑容,弯弯的眉毛和给对手有礼貌的赞美,当Paul Pierce做了个假动作骗过他,投中了一个后撤步的跳投之后,Hill对他说,“好球”。当队友Steve Francis看到他为了救一个界外球跌出场外,摔到了摄影师旁边,为他捏了一把冷汗的时候,Hill喊道,“我没事,回来比赛”。或者当Hill飞起来,压过Jalen Rose,单手把球灌进篮筐之后(好吧,他已经不是经常飞起来),Hill咧着嘴冲着Rose笑。“我从没想过你会用Karl Malone式的打法。”猛龙的后卫Rose笑着说。“我现在也是保守派了。”Hill用投篮来回应。一次在更衣室里,当菜鸟Dwight Howard一场比赛抢下20个篮板的时候,Hill把手放在DH的肩膀上,对他说,你会成为联盟里面的一个很特别的球员。是啊,他是个天使,在每个微小的瞬间。

Let's get one thing out of the way: in this story, like all good stories, there are lessons to be learned. The lessons aren't complicated: each day is a gift. Appreciate every moment because it is gone in an instant. Cherish the people you love. Hallmark clichés? Only if you haven't learned them the hard way.

让我们说一些题外话,就像所有的好故事,在这个故事里面,我们也可以学到一些道理。这个道理并不复杂,每一天都像是一件礼物。要珍惜每个瞬间,因为它们转瞬即逝。要珍惜你所爱的人。

This story begins six years ago. Hill and his fiancée are at Duke. He is at the height of his athletic prowess; a fifth straight All-Star appearance won't happen because of a lockout, but his crossover appeal is still intact. On this day, Hill is suffering some serious jet lag after touring Mexico for Fila, Sprite and McDonald's, three of the 10 or 11 corporations he represents.

这个故事最早开始于6年前(1999年),Hill和他的未婚妻当时还住在Duke。当时他正站在职业生涯的高峰,虽然因为球员罢工他没有连续第5年成为全明星,但是他的交差步突破依然无比犀利。这一天,他刚刚从墨西哥回来,他在那边为Fila,Sprite和Mcdonald's,他的11个代言品牌里面的3个做宣传。

He doesn't seem at peace. He is struggling with burnout from humping it for a thoroughly mediocre Pistons team that hasn't made it out of the first round of the playoffs in any of his four seasons. "I lost my love for the game," he says. "This summer is about getting that back." But whatever tortured relationship he is having with basketball is tempered by true love in the rest of his life. After a long shooting session, Grant and Tamia head off to a Durham sports bar. Hill plays some shuffleboard, but he can't take his eyes off his bride. At evening's end, Hill slips a crumpled bill in the jukebox and they slow-dance to Al Green's "Love and Happiness."

他看起来不是那么平静。在4个赛季里面,他为活塞队耗尽了心力,可是这支中庸的活塞队还是没有办法通过季后赛第一轮。“我对比赛失去了热爱了。”他说,“这个夏天我要把它找回来”。不过尽管他对篮球的爱一直让他受尽折磨,他生活中的真爱还是让他心情愉快起来。在很长时间的摄影会结束之后,Grant和Tamia一起去Durham运动酒吧里面玩。Hill虽然一直在玩沙弧球,可是他的眼睛却始终不能从他的新娘身上移开。在这个夜晚的最后,Hill用一张褶皱的1美元在自动点唱机点了一首Al Green的“love and Happiness”,他们两人就在歌声中翩翩起舞。
返回页首 向下
破小孩

破小孩

除非你知道所有的事情 Empty
帖子主题: 回复: 除非你知道所有的事情   除非你知道所有的事情 Empty周三 二月 20, 2008 10:02 am

When he is reminded recently of the moment, Hill smiles. But it is a sad smile. "I thought I had problems then," he says. "What did I know? My game was coming together, I could get to the basket, I could dunk on you, my post game was solid and the mid-jumper was falling into place. The game was becoming easy." He pauses and chuckles. "That seems a long time ago."

过去的回忆是那么甜蜜,当Hill继续往下回忆的时候,他笑了,却是苦涩的微笑。“后来我就开始有问题了”他说,“我所知道的是,以前我可以掌管比赛,我可以轻松切入篮下,我可以在你头上扣篮,我的切入很坚决,我的中投非常准。比赛就会变得很容易。”他停了一下,格格地笑,接着说,“那看起来好像是好久以前的事情了。”

The perfect athlete's life came crashing down in January 2000. Hill collided with Ron Artest, then with the Bulls, severely bruising his right hip. For the rest of the season Hill overcompensated for the pain, which put added stress on his left ankle. Although it didn't stop him from averaging 25.8 per game, the ankle was killing him. Hill finished the season, thinking it was only a bone bruise. The playoffs beckoned, so he agreed to be treated with pain-masking medication. "They gave me a strong Medrol Dose Pack, which is like a steroid," says Hill matter-of-factly.

Hill的完美的运动员生涯在2000年的1月份跌落了。他先是在比赛中,和Ron Artest相撞,然后在和公牛的比赛里面,他的右边臀骨附近几处被撞伤。在赛季剩下的比赛里面,由于右边臀骨的疼痛,他无意识的给左脚踝增加了压力。虽然那并没有阻止他仍然每场比赛拿下25.8分,他的脚踝最终毁了他。Hill带伤打完了整个赛季,当时他以为仅仅是骨头的一点小伤。接着,季后赛马上就开始了,于是他答应了服用镇痛药来坚持比赛。“他们给我很大的剂量的镇痛药,大概是类固醇一类的药品。”Hill说。

For a while, he felt better. "At practice it was the best I'd felt in two months," he says. "I was dunking alley-oops. The next day, in the game, I hit three or four shots, and then I felt something pop. But I kept playing. I knew that if I pulled myself, I was done." Back in Detroit, he got an X-ray. A small bone had totally dislodged from the rest of his ankle. "It was almost a relief," he says. "At least I knew I wasn't crazy."

刚开始,他感觉好多了。“在训练的时候,我的感觉是两个月以来最好的。”他说,“我甚至可以来个空中接力。在接下来的比赛里面,我投中了3,4个球。然后我感到了什么东西'砰'的一声。但是我坚持打完比赛,因为我知道如果我下场了,我就不能再回来了。”回到底特律,他照了X光之后,发现一块小骨头整个从他的脚踝里面滑了出来。“这也算是个解脱,”他说,“至少我知道我并没有发疯。”

The subsequent surgery didn't stop him from becoming Orlando's prized pickup in an August 2000 sign-and-trade deal with Detroit. But the ankle never fully healed. In his first two seasons with the Magic, Hill played in only 18 games. Each season brought another surgery. Feeling the heat of the organization and the wrath of the fans, Hill returned for the 2002-03 season intent on playing through the pain. But the ankle swelled so badly on flights, he was limited to 29 games. Another flirtation with the Medrol Dose Pack helped, but then the pain came back worse than ever. It was a nationally televised game on Jan. 16, 2003, against Michael Jordan's Wizards that put everything in perspective for Hill. After Jordan torched a gimpy Hill for 28 points in the first half, Hill didn't return for the second half, the rest of the season or the one after that.

后来的手术,并没有妨碍Hill在2000年8月,以大合同先签后换到了奥兰多魔术队,但是他的脚踝却一直没有痊愈。他在魔术队的前两个赛季,他仅仅打了18场比赛,每个赛季,他又进行了一次新的手术。因为高层的压力和球迷的愤怒,Hill在02-03赛季一直带伤比赛,但是他的脚踝在不断的跳跃过程中肿胀得非常厉害,这让他只打29场比赛。他又开始用镇痛药来坚持比赛,但是他的脚踝甚至比以前更加疼痛了。在2003年1月16日,在那场全国瞩目的,对乔丹率领的华盛顿奇才的比赛中,当乔丹在一瘸一拐的Hill面前,上半场拿下28分之后,下半场,Hill就没有上场,那个赛季剩下的比赛,以及之后的那个赛季,Hill都没有再上场。

ON THE last day of hurricane season, Orlando has a festive, if exhausted, feel. Grant Hill's hurricane season seems to be passing too. Just off a bad shooting night against the Celtics, he has spent the past 90 minutes honing his touch. "I haven't been able to practice for four years," he says. "Just feeling well enough to work on my shot is a great feeling."

在奥兰多遭遇飓风的那个赛季的最后一天,整个奥兰多有一种精疲力尽的,解脱的感觉。Grant Hill的飓风赛季似乎也过去了。“我已经四年没有好好练习了,”他说,“我现在感觉已经可以投篮了,这种感觉非常好。”

His eyes sparkle again. He doesn't hide the web of scars that entangle his ankle or the thick gouge on his arm. "It really freaked me out," he says, when he finally talks about the night he almost died. "I thought I was going to check out." It has taken about six months to come to grips with his close call. "I thought I understood that when you have surgery, you're risking complications, but I didn't. Before, I was like, 'If it breaks, man, we'll just fix it again,' but this time I said, 'No, I will not have another surgery. I'm a father and a husband now.' "

他的眼睛开始闪烁起来。他并没有特意去掩盖他的整个脚踝上面网状的伤疤和他手臂上面的深色的沟。“这件事情真的改变了我。”他说,当他说起那个他几乎死掉的那个晚上,“我想我应该做出声明了。”他花了整整六个月从那件事情里面恢复过来。“我想,我开始明白了,当一个人做手术的时候,他是要承担并发症的风险的。但是我以前并不是这么认为的,我觉得手术就像修东西一样,‘如果它坏掉了,那我们应该去修好它。’但是现在,我会说‘不,我不想再做任何手术,我现在是一个父亲和丈夫。’”

The extra time he needed to heal allowed Hill to be home when his wife began treatment for her illness. He is careful not to lump his injury with Tamia's MS. "I have my ankle, but I can come back and live a pretty normal life," he says with a sigh. "But MS is scary. Thankfully, medicine has come a long way." Tamia has benefited from the new treatments. Last year, she was well enough to tour with Beyoncé. Hill joined her and Myla on the road for long weekends.

Hill养伤的那段时间,使得他有时间待在家里,这个时候,Tamia也开始治疗她的病,MS(多发性硬化症)。Hill很小心的,不去把自己的伤和Tamia的MS混在一起。“我的脚踝有问题,但只是打球的时候,我可以回来,过一个美好的正常生活。”他叹了口气,说,“但是MS是很可怕的,幸好长期的药物治疗是有效果的。”Tamia的新的治疗方法效果不错。去年她已经恢复的不错,她还参加了Beyoncé的旅行,Hill和Myla也都参加了。

The near-death experience gave Hill perspective. It also gave him thicker skin, which he needed at home games last season when frustrated fans treated his $93 million deal as an anchor dragging the franchise into the abyss. It didn't help public perception that he kept a low profile during his rehab; few knew of his daily workouts in the pool. "When I was on the radio, I never got angry when fans called in to complain about the team," says Doc Rivers, the former Magic coach now with the Celtics. "It was only when they started saying Grant wasn't trying to come back that I got angry. No one worked harder."

那次接近死亡的经历,让Hill有了新的见解,也让他变得更加坚强。这在他上个赛季面对奥兰多的主场球迷时是必要的,那些沮丧的球迷认为是Hill的大合同,使球队跌入了深渊。即使在他复出之后,始终小心谨慎,公众也不能理解他,很少有人知道他日常训练是多么刻苦。前魔术主教练Doc Rivers说,“当我在广播中回答球迷的问题的时候,他们无论怎么抱怨,我都不会生气,但是有一次,当他们说Grant根本不打算回来的时候,我非常生气。因为没有人比他训练更努力。”

There were rumors the Magic were going to make him available in the expansion draft, the thought being Charlotte would jump at the box-office appeal of a local legend. None of it made Hill rush back to show Orlando what it might be giving up. "I was ready to play wherever someone wanted me," he says. Hill had a supporter in new Magic GM John Weisbrod, whose pro hockey career was cut short due to a shoulder injury. "I try not to get emotionally involved when *** personnel decisions," says Weisbrod. "But I saw how hard he was working, and already knew what his character could do for a team. I wanted to make sure that happened in Orlando."

有一些流言说魔术队今后想要继续留下他,夏洛特的新军也即将收兵买马。“我愿意给任何需要我的地方打球。”Hill说。新任魔术的经理John Weisbrod是Hill的支持者,他本来是曲棍球运动员,因为肩伤退役。“我试着在决策的时候不带有个人的情感。”Weisbrod说,“但是当我看到Hill是如何努力,看到他的性格对于球队的好处,我真的是非常希望他能留在奥兰多。”

For fans around the league this season, it's like Hill never left. In the first official vote count for the All-Stars Game, Hill was second to Vince Carter among East forwards. The Orlando faithful have been slower to catch the wave: the Magic are near the bottom in attendance. That's a shame, because their team is as fun to watch as any in the league. Add Hill to Francis' explosiveness, Howard's promise and Cuttino Mobley's dead-eye, and how far they go this season is anyone's guess. Hill, however, is looking a little further ahead.

这个赛季,对于整个联盟里面的球迷来讲,就好像Hill从来没有离开过一样。在全明星赛投票的第一次官方统计上面来看,Hill在东部前锋中间仅仅排在卡特后面名列第二。奥兰多的忠实球迷们还需要一段时间来接受Hill回归的浪潮,因为魔术队现在几乎是联盟的垫底球队。这个战绩确实有点羞耻,因为他们的球队的观赏性不比联盟里面的任何一支球队要差。Hill的回归,加上Francis的爆发力,Howard的承诺,还有Mobley,他们在这个赛季能走多远,是大家猜测的话题。然而,Hill的目光要更加远一些。

"I feel my game is coming back slowly," he says. "Next year, when I have a full off-season to work on my game, is when I'll know what I can do." He smiles and looks down at the court. "It feels good to talk about my game and the future. I appreciate everything now. The little things, even feeling bad after a loss, are something I appreciate."

“我觉得我的比赛慢慢回来了。”Hill说,“明年,当我能够打满整个赛季的时候,我就会知道我现在能做些什么。”他微笑着看着球场。“谈到我的比赛和未来,感觉非常好。我喜欢现在所有的事情。每一件小事,甚至是失败时的沮丧感觉,也是我所喜欢的。”

THE LITTLE things, like Tamia again having the strength to hold her child as she watches her husband play the game he loves in a Dec. 1 win against Toronto. To be fair, Myla, wearing Baby Phat and red ribbons in her hair, seems more enamored with Stuff, the Magic's mascot, than with her daddy. But each time Tamia sees Hill tumble out of bounds, she winces. "I'm still getting used to watching him play without thinking about the ankle," she says. She hands her daughter a purple crayon and some drawing paper. "There were moments I didn't think this would happen," she continues. "We had long talks where I'd tell him he didn't need to be the world's Superman, just my Superman."

每一件小事,就像是现在,Tamia已经有力气带着Myla来看她丈夫开心地在球场上打球,不过穿着童装,头发上系着红丝带的Myla,好像更喜欢看魔术的吉祥物Stuff。但是每一次Tamia看到Hill摔倒,她心里还是不禁颤抖。“我正在试着习惯去看他打球,不去想着他的脚踝。”她边说,边递给她的女儿一些紫色的蜡笔和纸。“过去一段时间,我不认为他还能再回到球场上。”她接着说,“我们经常促膝长谈,我也经常和他说,你没有必要做整个世界的superman,只要做我的superman。”

On the court the Magic are blowing out the Raptors. Hill has a decent game, 17 points, but to look at the joy in his face you'd think he dropped 50. As the game winds down, Tamia points Myla's eyes toward the court and her daddy. It's hard to tell if they actually make eye contact, but all three of them are smiling as if they know each day is a gift.

在球场上,魔术大胜猛龙,Hill打出了一场漂亮的比赛,拿下了17分,但是看到他脸上的喜悦之情,你可能会觉得他拿了50分。比赛结束之后,Tamia叫Myla一起看着球场上的爸爸,虽然不知道他们的目光有没有交接,但是他们3个人都笑得非常开心,因为他们明白,每一天都像是一个礼物。

Six years ago in a Duke sports bar a kid with no troubles slipped a dollar into a jukebox. That kid is gone forever. In his place is a man who now knows with certainty that bad things happen to good people. But Al Green's words still ring true, maybe even a little richer and sweeter.

6年前,在Duke的运动酒吧用一美元去点歌的只是个无忧无虑的孩子,这个孩子现在已经长成了一个真正的男人,他知道了在好人的身上也会发生一些坏事情。歌里面唱的却始终如一,只是比以前更加丰富,更加甜蜜。

Just like the man sings: love and happiness.

就像Al Green的歌里面唱的一样:love and happiness。

This article appears in the Jan. 3 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

原文地址:http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/magazine/story?id=1954996
返回页首 向下
破小孩

破小孩

除非你知道所有的事情 Empty
帖子主题: 回复: 除非你知道所有的事情   除非你知道所有的事情 Empty周三 二月 20, 2008 10:06 am

拿叔叔的文章来充充版面,本来想找篇有爱的小马的文章来翻的,可即使有的也是什么交易呀,抱怨呀……
我们可爱的,善良的,纯真的,充满爱心的,敬业的……(省略1000字)小马,在别人眼里就是这样吗,泪奔 除非你知道所有的事情 539509

由破小孩儿于周三 二月 20, 2008 10:07 am进行了最后一次编辑,总共编辑了1次
返回页首 向下
晴岚

晴岚

帖子数 : 7
注册日期 : 08-02-22

除非你知道所有的事情 Empty
帖子主题: 回复: 除非你知道所有的事情   除非你知道所有的事情 Empty周六 二月 23, 2008 3:02 pm

顶破小孩~
叔叔是可爱的叔叔
再接再厉~