If you want to know more about Shawn, please read the following facts about him.
1. Elaine said, "I can only do so much for you. If you want to go farther in life, you go to the military, you get a scholarship or you go to school and work hard."
After two seasons at Vincennes University, a community college in Indiana, Marion earned a scholarship to Nevada-Las Vegas. His one season was memorable enough that he was encouraged to put his name in the NBA draft.
在Vincennes University（Indiana的一座公立大学）度过了两个球季之后，Marion得到了一份来自Nevada-Las Vegas大学的奖学金，在那一个球季里，小马的表现耀眼无比，于是他鼓起勇气参加了NBA选秀。
It was hard for him to tell his coaches and teammates he was leaving. Even though there were six weeks left in the semester, he attended every remaining class and study hall, former UNLV assistant coach Dave Rice said.
"That spoke volumes to me about his character," Rice said. "Here was a guy who was just a couple months from being a millionaire, and yet he kept going to class. That shows you how well his mother raised him."
Elaine watched Wednesday's game from her Las Vegas home. She doesn't work anymore because "Shawn wants me to enjoy life."
2.When the 6-7 Marion jumps, one would swear he has springs in his shoes. That is by design. As a teenager, he piled old mattresses on the neighborhood court and launched himself as high as possible to practice dunking and rebounding. Marion bounced back and forth between Chicago and Tennessee as a kid because his mother, Elaine, needed help raising him while she worked multiple jobs
Elaine Marion was 14 years old when she found out she was pregnant -- with twins. By the time Shawn and Shawnette were born, on May 7, 1978, their father was out of the picture, and their ninth-grade mother had to lean on other relatives for support. She went back to school, earned her high school diploma, took bookkeeping classes and worked as a cook at a military base by day and at a plastic factory by night.
当Elaine Marion发现自己怀了一对双胞胎的时候，她仅仅只有14岁。 在1978年5月7号，Shawn和他的双胞胎妹妹Shawnette出生的时候，他们的爸爸早就不知去向，他们的9年级的妈妈只能依靠亲戚们来抚养他们。她回到了学校，为了获得高中文凭，一边上会计课，一边打工，白天在一家军事基地里面当厨师，晚上在一家塑料厂工作。
3."I'm very family-oriented; I love my family to death," he said.
His mother reared him. In discussing his father, Marion said he had recently been released from prison, and refused to elaborate. In his life, Marion has surrounded himself with strong women, including his girlfriend of three years, Erika Jones.
4.While some N.B.A. stars have courts built into their mansions, Marion has a basketball hoop in the short driveway leading to his three-car garage, which houses a portion of his collection of white cars: a Hummer, a Porsche Cayenne and a Dodge Magnum.
很多NBA球星，在他们的豪宅里面都建有球场，Marion只是简单地在他的车库外面的空地上面，弄了一个篮球筐，那个车库里面停着3辆他收集的白色轿车，一辆Hummer，一辆Porsche Cayenne，还有一辆Dodge Magnum。
Pictures line some walls of a hallway inside the house: snapshots of him playing along with framed trading card sets, many sent by fans in homemade collages. All are hung at eye level for Marion.
5.Marion is most proud of owning every Jordan sneaker since 1984, many of the models in various colors. He has one pair signed by Jordan, and authenticated with a seal. "It's kind of funny, I see him all the time," Marion said. "I wouldn't feel good to ask him to sign something now."
He began collecting the Jordan line when he was in high school in Clarksville, Tenn., wanting to follow Jordan to North Carolina. Marion did not qualify academically to apply there and opted instead for Vincennes University, a community college in Indiana.
6. Shawn Marion tilted Dr. Seuss and rates Green Eggs and Ham as his favourite book while growing up, according the Suns' Read to Achieve website.
Shawn Marion在太阳队的读书网站上，把Dr. Seuss写的Green Eggs and Ham列为他成长中最喜欢的书。
7. But if a lack of credit for the Suns' success bothers Marion, you wouldn't know it by watching him interact with his teammates. He organizes poker tournaments on team flights. When he's on the bench, he is often the first one dapping the players coming off the court when a timeout is called. Before every opening tip-off, he hugs head coach Mike D'Antoni, a ritual he started four seasons ago to show support for the rookie coach.
8. While some say Marion wore out his welcome in Phoenix, those words will never be spoken at the Towers Retirement Community in nearby Mesa, where five years ago Lottie Sherman got out her "nice writing paper" and invited Marion to visit.
"I forgot all about it," said Sherman, 86. "I said, 'He won't come. I'm just a little person in a home.' "
But Marion accepted her invitation, just as Sherman and 100 other residents accepted Marion's offer to attend a Suns game as his guest.
9. Marion arrives with an impressive collection of cars — not just Porsches and BMWs, but also remote-control cars he loves. He was a minimum-wage worker at Burger King as a kid and is into Hamburger Helper as a man.
小马带着他那套夺人眼球的汽车收藏来到了Miami，里面不仅有Prosch和BMW，还有他喜欢的遥控车玩具。在小马小的时候，他曾是在Burger King拿底薪的打工仔，等他长大之后，他又到Hamburger Helper工作过。
10. He's the guy who, in first appearance after saying he wanted out of Phoenix, implored everyone to 'smile a little bit.'
在小马自己提出要离开phoenix之后的第一次媒体见面会上，他告诉每个人，“你们不要那么难过，笑一笑。” T T
11. Upon signing a new contract extension in the summer of 2002, pledged $1 million to the Valley of the Sun United Way. Donations will go towards building basketball courts, supporting Jr. Suns and Jr. Mercury, and cancer research.
在2002年夏天，当小马签下了新合同之后，他发誓要给the Sun United Way谷捐赠100万美金。这笔钱将用于建设篮球场，支持太阳和水星少儿队以及癌症研究机构。
12.Purchased 2001 playoff tickets for Game 3 and Game 4 to ensure a Suns sellout and distributed them to disadvantaged youngsters through area charities